Staying Safe at King Shaka International Airport
We offer a door to door service from or to King Shaka International Airport. Security at King Shaka Airport is very good but even it has it´s blind spots. It is advisable to know weak points when you leave our care.
- Very important! Make sure you have copies of all your important documents such as passports and insurance coverage forms stored in a safe place. If any do however get stolen, report this to the South African Police Service and your national embassy.
- Never leave your baggage out of your sight. It only takes a minute for a thief to benefit.
- Be cautious when you are using an ATM. Be watchful for anyone that seems to be hanging around. If you are concerned notify security who are close by. If the card slot seems to be tight or sticky, remove your card immediately and find another ATM. It may be that a card reader has been put into the slot.
- If you are departing and using the baggage wrap service, the wrappers will not steal but beware the opportunist.
- Be careful of anyone offering to carry your bag. King Shaka International Airport do not yet offer this service.
- DO NOT! Arrive at King Shaka International Airport and arrange your own taxi. Like any airport there are opportunists who will overcharge you or, worse still, hijack you. Always arrange your transport before you arrive. If you use us our driver will be in the arrivals hall with your name on a clipboard and he will identify himself as a driver for King Shaka Airport Shuttles.
- Do not flaunt jewellery or cash but keep minimal cash in the purse or wallet that you will be using daily and be generally discreet. Do not make yourself a target for a thief.
- If you have not arranged accommodation before your arrival, contact the National Tourism Information and Safety Line on +27 83 123 2345. They will recommend accommodation to suit your budget.
- In case of emergencies you can contact the South African Police Service on 10111.